Sunday, February 19, 2012

How fast the days go by!

I am pretty sure that this blog is never going to be up to date, and when it is will truly be a miracle. Last post was recapping an entire year and a half, and now i am again recapping about 5 months! why can i never seem to find the time to actually do this on a regular? i need to just make the time, sit down and blog each day! well enough of my broken promises. here we go!
So some random side notes I decided that enough was enough and that I truly needed to get into shape!


 With school starting back up and with going into the
Medical Assisting program @ Bridgerland Applied Technology,
 and working my way up to be a full on MD specializing in OB,OBGYN and Labor and Delivery!

 I was tired of the way things were going and that is when I decided to take control of my life. I also want to study nutrition. I find it fascinating that a "calorie is a calorie" no matter where it comes from. you need to be eating healthy and exercising daily on top of eating healthy in order for you to be in shape. the other big thing that needs to be learned in this process is that "NOT ALL BODY TYPES ARE THE SAME!" "YOUR BODY WILL ALWAYS REACT DIFFERENTLY THEN SOMEONE ELSE'S" so that was my big break through. so in order to loose the weight that i needed to loose i started the HCG DIET. in Laman terms this is a pregnancy hormone that i inject by needle into my muscle such as my arm, stomach etc. every day.

 I don't eat any carbs, sugars, or anything with fat in it for 1 month. i am limited to what i can eat. but..i am still eating healthy. this is what i would eat on a regular day on injection days; for breakfast i make myself a strawberry shake with 1 cup of strawberries. i put in about a 1/4 cup of non fat milk and then fill the rest with water. then i add in a big handful of spinach leaves and 1 packet of stevia. blend together and sit back and enjoy the goodness! I use my magic bullet to make my smoothies and it usually fits in the regular size mug. then for my morning snack i will have cucumber slices, or some pickles, or broccoli or celery sticks. (note that you are not having any fatty dressings as dipping aids in this snack) i usually will make my own dressing following the recipe in the HCG Recipe Book. then for lunch i will have shrimp cocktail, or some very, very lean chicken breast slices(deli meat) and add some Dijon mustard to it and a hard boiled egg. or i can make a chef salad with my turkey slices and pour my approved dressing on. then for my afternoon snack i will have an apple or a grapefruit. for dinner i will have grilled chicken, with steamed veggies or grilled Talapia with veggies. I also on my own preference try as best i can to not eat after 6pm. then to add to the day i drink about 2 gallons of water a day.  i know this sounds like a lot but water is the key in this diet as well as following it to the "T".

Also! I am under Dr. Supervision! this is also very important! don't start anything with out seeing your Dr. first! i see my Dr. about every 2 months to track my BMI and my progress. everything is charted and documented so that i know i am doing the very best for me and my body! I can finally say with confidence that I am HEALTHY!!!!!! i am no longer in line for type 2 diabetes! I have lowered my cholesterol significantly! and i have normal/healthy blood pressure and i feel great!!!
I also love working out! i work out for an hour every day! i will change my work out to keep muscle guessing, but my weakness is the ELLIPTICAL!!! i love that machine!!!!


Before...


So with this HCG changing what i eat and how i view things, with my daily exercise i have been able to drop 60lbs, 6 sizes, and i don't even know the inches, but it doesn't matter! i feel great! and I'm keeping it off! i have also recently discovered that i am allergic to Gluten, and i am also Lactose Intolerant! so with that being said..it has been a little easier to go completely off carbs and breads and all that deliciousness! because i know that if i eat that; i will be so sick later that its just not that worth it. I still have some sugar now and then. i can not stay away from the starbursts, skittles, and fruit snacks, but i have now been able to limit them, and when i feel i have had too much i kick it up a notch at the gym. overall this works for me!

After!!!


October-

Let the parties begin! One tradition of ours meaning my roomies and I is throwing a "Chip Dip Party". This means 2 things, you bring your favorite dip to share and we provide the chips or we make one big huge dip for everyone and they bring the chips, well this year in our new house we decided it was time for the ultimate 7 layer bean dip extravaganza! We made 7 layer bean dip on our counter and invited all our crazy friends to bring some chips and enjoyt the festivities of eating dip right off the counter! our little appartment was packed with people! I couldnt beleive how many people showed up for this! of course I had just started my HCG diet and could not eat any of the delicious dip that we had made! THE NIGHT WAS A COMPLETE SUCCESS!!!!

Getting started on the 7 layer dip!
Maili and Calvin destroying my table decor



Pinterest inspired table decor! OOO SO CREEPY!!

 The month of October also requires pumpkin carving and this year it was just Maili and I that carved pumpkins. Mine is eating another baby pumpkin! haha it was so fun to carve them, and Maili's is the "A".



   
 Another festivity that we did with the Cave Boys this month was going to the corn mazes! they were so fun! we got lost so many times. Brett and Maili were always fighting about who was right on where to go and if we should turn right or left. usually they were both wrong. Finally after thinking that we were never going to get out, we finally cheated and cut through the middle and luckily we made it out in about 5 min after we started cutting through the corn stalks! what a great NIGHT! .

 
 
Dave is so creepy!!!
  

Me and My Ladies! We finally made it out of the maze!!
 So October was filled with scary movies, of course all about zombies and eating people and the spreading of disease, it was also filled with lots of fun and games. For FHE the weekend before the Howl, we threw a party at the cabin! It was so fun! We all dressed up and played games, ate and just enjoyed our friends' company. We invited a lot of people that we didnt know too well, from our new ward. figure Halloween is the best way to break the ice with people you dont know very well..and we were right! it was great a night! My roomies are killer zombies and I am your 80's work out instructor! So get ready to get your sweat on!!!

Tyler my Super Hero! What a squeeze!
Kitchen tools never looked so scary!


 
And that my friends ends the month of October 2011!!

No comments: