Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Testimony...

It never ceases to surprise me how easily my emotions can get the best of me. there are times when i can be just fine and then all of a sudden, I start crying. I cant really put my finger on it and why that is, but I never seam to be use to it no matter how often it seams to happen to me in my daily adventures of life. Today is Sunday, and as I was sitting in Sacrament listening to the speaker I was overcome by what she was speaking about. She was telling us a very touching story of the Early Latter Day Saints and their sacrifices to build the Kirkland Temple.

 This particular family had china that was very dear to them. It had been handed down from their Great Grandmother and so on, and the little girl was so overcome with sadness about them breaking this beautiful blue china. But as they rode home one night in the setting sun she looked back at the Temple and saw it sparkling, and by the front of the Temple she saw blue sparkles and said to her mother, "look at the Temple sparkle in the setting sun! Only our blue china shines like that!". As we all know the Women of the church gave their fine china to the construction of the Temple. And as she finished telling this story, she stopped and asked, "What are we willing to sacrifice for the Lord and the restoration of the Gospel?" I started to cry. I wanted to shout from the roof tops EVERYTHING!!! I WILL SACRIFICE EVERYTHING FOR MY LORD AND MY SAVOIR! I have come to know this day the true and massive amounts of blessings we have as Latter Day Saints today. I know that we all sacrifice in our own ways to bring about the gospel, such as Missionary work, extra fast offerings, tithing, callings, families etc.. But today I feel a deep appreciation for those who came before me to help with the church, with the buildings of the Temples and the sacrifice that they went through to get here.

I came home from church to study and play catch up on home work to find myself in front of the TV thinking to myself, "I'll just see what's on, and then I'll turn it off and do what i need to do" as I was flipping channels I saw a program on the BYU channel about our Prophet Joseph Smith and the history of his family and the publishing of the Joseph Smith Papers. This was exactly what I needed to see.

As I sat and watched this program. I couldn't help but let the tears flow for appreciation and mourning for Joseph, Emma and their families. I think of my life and the struggles that I am faced with on a day to day basis and I sit in awe, and the struggles and hardships that they went through and how they persevered even in the darkest hours. To have unwavering faith!

Joseph's Mother Lucy Mack Smith was a remarkable woman!
standing up in front of her friends and family and maybe even people she didn't even know,  and proclaiming that the Lord is the master of his own Hands, that he will break the ice in the river that was stopping their journey, because he knows that that is what they are commanded to do. And as soon as she finished proclaiming her testimony in the Lord, the ice broke, so that they could set sail. and as soon as they had passed through, the ice formed back up again.

How many of us are willing and able to stand and proclaim at the top of our lungs that we KNOW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, THAT IF THE LORD SAW FIT TO MOVE THIS MOUNTAIN AND MAKE IT LAND HE WOULD! I ask the question to myself, how strong is my faith? how strong is my Testimony? And as i sit and feel of the spirit proclaim to me that what I have heard is true, I cant help but offer a prayer unto my Father in Heaven, asking him to forgive me of my weakness. Joseph was a remarkable young man, and grew to be a Man of God. I will forever have an emotional heart towards this man and his family. To endure as they did. I will forever be on that journey, but I hope and pray with the deepest desires of my heart that I may be able to do this task. I hope and pray that I may be an example of unwavering faith. I am True and Steadfast! I will be a Servant to my Heavenly Father and to My Savoir Jesus Christ. I will be an example to his children. And when it is all said and done, he will say to me "Well done my true and faithful servant!"

I leave these thoughts and my Testimony with you, in hopes that I may touch the lives of others.
-Amen

1 comment:

Russ and Em said...

You have a beautiful testimony and are stronger than you know. Love you lots sis!