Sunday, October 19, 2008

Zoo Adventures!!!

What a Saturday!!! Haylie and I started our day off by making waffles.

Haylie mixed the batter and I made them.

What a team! they turned out perfect!

Haylie ate 2 whole wedges!

After stuffing our faces with waffles we went over to my sister Emily's house to watch baby Savannah. Haylie was such a big helper! she wanted to hold Savannah and feed her and help change her diaper and when Savannah was crying she tried to sooth her by saying "its ok sananah" it was so cute!!!

Here is Haylie and Savannah, Haylie is trying to maker her feel better.

Here Haylie is rubbing Savannah's head

Haylie wanted to be with Savannah even when she was on the floor playing. She kept saying "I want to be with sanana"


After our "Babysitting attempts" we went to meet up with my girlfriend Kimia and her two kids Jasmine and Jordan to go to the ZOO. This was the highlight of the entire day! The kids had a blast and the animals were out, the weather was perfect!!!! 75 in the middle of October! I mean could you ask for a better day at the ZOO? I don't think so!!!

Here we are in the Monkey exhibit. This was one of Haylie's favorite thing. She started screaming with with delight at the top of her lungs. And then she went around and told everyone in there that these were HER monkeys! Here we are looking at the Turkeys. Haylie was pretty excited about them being so close to her

Next on the list was the Elephants. This was really fun, I don't think that I realized how big these animals really are! WOW!!


After the elephants we headed on down the path to discover the next animal which happened to be Penguins! these were Haylie's ultimate favorite thing. we sat and watched them swim and eat for at least 20 minutes.
Haylie was so excited that she couldn't get close enough


Next up.. Giraffes! (My personal Favorite)

Kimia, Jordan and Jasmine

After visiting the Giraffes we decided that there was no better way to end the day at the ZOO then to ride the new Carousal that they just put in. Haylie also loved that a lot too.

We all were pretty tired after but of course knowing me, there are Kodak moments everywhere! here are a few that we took while walking out of the zoo

After being eaten by a lion we decided that the kids had had a big enough adventure that we felt that the day was complete and we could go home. What a great day! I forgot how much fun it is to go to the ZOO!!!!


Till next time!!!

1 comment:

Russ and Em said...

You are so lucky that she will stay at exhibits and watch. Abbie just thinks that you run from place to place. The pics are awesome